- Studied Dynamic Eating Psychology and Mind/Body nutrition with Marc David of The Institute for Eating Psychology.
- Studied foundational holistic nutrition with Nutritional Therapy Association. Certified as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner.
- Studied behavior change psychology and coaching with Wellcoach®s School of Coaching. Certified as a WellCoach.
- Studied Mind/Body individual and group wellness coaching with the Circle of Life Health and Wellness School of Coaching. Certified as a Mind/Body Health and Wellness Coach.
- Studied Massage Therapy at Baltimore School of Massage and is a Nationally and WV State Licensed Massage Therapist. I specialize in deep tissue and restorative massage.
- I joke that I got my Ph.D in health and wellness of body, mind and spirit on Amazon.com. I have read about a zillion books and keep reading. My husband has to keep buying bookshelves for me-- I read and keep all my books.
Kimberly Huneycutt NTP, LMT
I'm on a mission to be healthy, fit and feel fabulous. Here are some things you might want to know about me.
I haven't always been healthy. Early on I was a high school drop out, welfare mom and an addict. Later on in life I suffered from chronic depression, had an ocular stroke, WAS pre-diabetic, in chronic pain and overweight. When traditional medical care and the Standard American Diet (SAD) didn't help me feel better or lose weight, I set out to find some answers.
Getting healthy changed my life. I found that DIET is different for everyone. The typical eat less and exercise more failed me. I found I exercised too much, I was eating the wrong foods and taking the wrong supplements. I'm still a work in progress.
Now I empower people to make changes that will help them live a life that is healthy, balanced and authentic. If you want to be feel vibrant, get healthy and love the body you're in, I'm here to help.
My life is beautiful. I'm married to a wonderful man, have 2 amazing (grown) kids, 2 german shepherds, own a successful wellness practice, run (I kinda trot) 10k's, hike, eat healthy, take lots of classes on wellness and
I LOVE LIFE.
I've been in the holistic health care field for over 14 years now. I understand how hard change can be, but I know it's totally doable. Welcome to our practice!